Do you have practical work experience in the fields of IT and communication technology? Would you like to work in USA as an IT specialist? U.S. employers seeking to bring foreign information technology (IT) talent to the United States, and IT workers seeking ways to obtain authorization to work in the United States, have several options. Some of these are geared at college students or recent graduates seeking temporary training, and others are more suitable for degreed professionals, with increased options for senior or well-established members of the profession. Here is an overview of the most common U.S. visa categories for the IT industry:

Temporary Work Visa Categories:

The H-1B visa, the most sought after among IT professionals, is a non-immigrant visa that allows US companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise. The technology companies depend on it to hire tens of thousands of employees each year. Reopening the country to people seeking green cards, or legal permanent residence, Biden in his proclamation said that the policy of former President Donald Trump does not advance the interests of the United States.

The O-1 visa is a classic work and residence permit for the U.S. that enables particularly talented foreigners to work in the U.S. (at a U.S. company or organization). Applications may also be submitted by a U.S. agency. These are subject to a strict review procedure. For example, the applicant must submit proof that the U.S. agent does in fact act as such and that it in business as an agent.


Permanent (Green Card) Work Visa Categories:

EB2 Visa (Second Preference Employment-based Visa)

Foreign workers with exceptional ability or an advanced degree are eligible to come to the United States for work. If you are interested in pursuing this type of worker visa, get in touch with us today to assess your eligibility. We are a team of experienced immigration lawyers that care about your future.

Call us on +1 (206) 605-0550 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.