EB-1(B) Outstanding Professor / Researcher Green Card


How can you make your EB1(b) Green Card?

The EB-1B visa provides professors and researchers an opportunity for a green card based on outstanding achievements in her or his academic field.

An employer or prospective employer must apply for an EB-1B visa on behalf of the professor or researcher. To apply for an EB-1B visa, the professor or researcher must have a permanent job or job offer. If the candidate is living in the U.S., an application for a green card may be submitted with an adjustment of status if the Visa Bulletin shows that EB-1B number is currently available.

You can demonstrate that your research or teaching achievements in your field are outstanding by providing a sufficient amount of compelling documentation meeting at least 2 of the following 6 criteria:

  1. Awards: Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement.
  2. Memberships: Membership in associations which require outstanding achievements of their members.
  3. Published Articles Written by Others About Your Work: Published material in professional publications written by others about your work (more than merely citations to your work).
  4. Peer Review Activities: Participation as a judge (individually or as a part of a panel) evaluating the work of others in the field.
  5. Original Contributions: Original scientific, scholarly, or artistic contributions in the field.
  6. Published Scholarly Articles Written by You: Evidence of authorship of scholarly books/articles in journals with an international circulation.

Please call us at +1 (206) 605-0550 or book a consultation with our attorney to evaluate your case

Skip to content